Creating a waitlist for an event that is full, or rapidly filling up, can save time for both you and the registrant by collecting registration information on the front end and accepting payment at a later date.
To Create a Waitlist:
First, you will clone the existing camp that is full.
To Clone a Full Camp:
- Navigate to the Storefront icon in the left sidebar menu and select Events.
- Select the Camp you would like to create a waitlist for.
- in the top right corner of the page, select Clone. This will direct you to the Clone Product window.
- Change the name of your event to Waitlist - "Event Name". Be sure to keep the same dates of your event, and add details in the description to reiterate that this registration is for a waitlist.
- After reviewing your information, select Save and Configure.
To Configure a Waitlist:
- Change your SKU(s) to be $0.
- Edit each SKU name to Waitlist.
- Select the Pencil icon next to each SKU and select Price.
- Enter $0 as the price and repeat for each SKU.
- If your event has any add-ons, make sure to detach them. You do not need to include add-ons, as the registrant can pay for them later if transferred into the event.
- Select Follow-up email and change the follow up email to read "You have successfully registered for the waitlist. We will reach out to you with further details if someone can no longer attend".
- Select Save.
All other facets in your product configuration page can remain the same. Once you have reviewed the waitlist, push your waitlist live on the website!
If your event is full, it may be good practice to unpublish it from your website, and leave the waitlist live in its place. That way, as you mark registrants for your full event as not attending” more registration spots will not open up on your website. This will also allow you to seamlessly transfer registrations without adjusting your overall capacity.