Discount Codes provide you the opportunity to reduce the cost of an event by a specified dollar amount. Discount codes are not publicly viewable, meaning you have control over who you provide the code to. The most popular discount codes include: team discount, sibling discount, faculty discount and military discount.
To Create a Discount Code for an Event:
- Navigate to the Storefront icon on the left sidebar menu.
- Select Events and select the event you wish to create a discount code for.
- Select Product Configuration.
- Select Discount Code and the select Attach New Discount Code.
- Enter the following information:
- Discount Code - Code the purchaser needs to enter in order to receive the discount
- Amount - Amount deducted from the price of camp, and should be a full dollar amount. This is how much money will be deducted from the registration when the code is entered.
- Available Dates - Availability of when the discount is activated and can be used. You don’t have to have an end date if this is a popular discount code that will be used for future camps.
- Description - Content you type in this container will pop up when a successful discount code has been entered. An example of a description is: “The Sibling Discount has successfully been applied to your order.”
If ever wish to deactivate a Discount Code for a particular event, select the Trash Can icon beside the discount code you wish to disable.
By creating a discount code one time, you now have the ability to activate that same discount code for all other future events or events you currently have ongoing as well. It is up to the business owner to distinguish whether a discount code should be activated/deactivated.